Tuesday 23 October 2012

Beyond the veil of fear...

Last week has been significant, in very subtle ways. One thing I learnt, which was of great significance was there are two kinds of people. i think more than a learning, it was a reminder....The two kind of people are
1. Who live by fear
2. Who live despite the fear
there might be category of those who do not live, they are just in fear...
However, for today, the first two are the ones in focus.

There are those who live by fear. There life is regulated by fear. The fear dictates their choices. They eat healthy not out of respect for their body, but fear of illness. They worship God, not out of love and gratitude, but out of fear of something bad happening to them, if they don't. They live in fear of their future. Will I be alone when old, who will look after me, if I don't save , how will I live....
The fear operates them, drives them, makes their choices and decisions for them. They fear the reprimand of the society. they fear humiliation.

I understand fear. I grew up with the fear of abandonment . My relationships were dictated by this fear. If i don't concede He will leave me, if I don't do this or that, comply, everything was dictated by one fear Abandonment. i am saying this because I know, what it is like, to belong to the first group.

The second category of people are those Who live despite the fear. Its not that these people do not know fear. They too have a brain that can envisage negative outcomes. They too have moments of doubt, but the difference in them is, they go ahead and live their life, regardless of the fear. It not dumb bravado. They know the consequences, and their courage comes from accepting to live with the consequences rather than not be true to themselves. These lives, these people create new worlds, they becomes leaders and pioneers. They dare to walk the untrodden path. The face difficulties, obstacles, they are ostracised by society many times, but they question the existing, they question their fears and they go ahead regardless. The outcome does not scare them. The threat to their life, health, wealth, success, marriage, status...it pales in comparison to their living every moment according to their highest truth. The truth of their soul. The truth, they had written in their blue print long before they were born.

Those who live in fear, become bitter over time. They fret about things that are small in comparison to the larger picture.Fear is the root of anger, of frustration, of despair of most negative emotions. If you break down your negative emotions you will realise the core is always some fear.

The people who are envious /jealous of me , my life, my choices, are the ones who don't have the courage to do it themselves. They know they are too afraid of the consequences. Because I didn't give in to the biggest fear of my life...abandonment. I faced it, I lived every day of it. I looked it , in its face and said...I don't fear you any more...

The fears may be big or small, yet the only way to lead a life of greatness, of happiness is to go beyond the veil of fear. Don't fight it, face it. Don't resist it, you will attract it more, live it , don't ignore it, it will follow...accept it....

The only way to conquer fear , is to face it. How can I not worry about consequences? By knowing that beyond worry, anxiety, fear lies the truth. The truth, that if you live , in every moment, by your highest truth...the result may not be what you want, but it will always be the greatest and the best result for you. If you look around, the people who are the happiest are the ones who have taken the most chances, have faced the worst of situations, seen the hardest of days, they rose to the occasion and conquered yet another part of them that had recoiled in fear. Each fear conquered, is another layer of happiness added to your life...

No comments:

Post a Comment